Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Sugar Skull Two Take

I have been wanting to try one of these for quite some time, and I finally got my thoughts wrapped around how I would do it and what I would have the students make. I love the Day of the Dead decorations and what the Mexican holiday stands for.  And I knew I wanted to do this project with that subject in mind.  I had the students make two candy skulls they colored the positive space of one and the negative space of another.(9 X 12 paper)  They then drew and cut each art work into strips that were the width of a ruler.  They also drew these same line with the ruler on a piece of construction paper (12X18).  They glued the pieces in order on every other strip of the construction paper and then folded it like a fan.  I then hot glued the "fan" to a separate sheet of construction paper so that i could mount it on the bulletin board.  I have never had so many compliments!  Everyone loved the double image, and how creative the kids were with their designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment