Sunday, January 10, 2016

Egyptian Pharaohs


Seventh graders learned about Ancient Egyptian Pharaohs through a power point I put together.  I also found a great lesson on Deep Space Sparkle that I purchased. You can find it here.  It really helped me break down the steps for the kids.  I gave them two choices front or side view, and for the side view I gave student the option to use a tracer for the profile of the face.  For me whatever they create if perfect because it is uniquely theirs, but if they can be happier with the help of a tracer to get them started- I'm all for it! They are then able to get more involved and put their efforts on the details and more creative areas of the project.  Students were given printouts of paintings of actual Egyptian Pharaohs with a variety of head-wear.  They were given creative freedom to create their own Egyptian inspired portrait.  They started the drawing with pencil, then traced with Sharpie, and then used tempera cakes to add color.  For a finishing touch I gave them silver, gold and bronze acrylic paint to add minor details.  















1 comment:

  1. Any chance you would share the PowerPoint? I follow you on Insta and love your lessons! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete